Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm back!

I have returned from Australia in one piece! The usual adjectives describe my trip: wonderful, exhilarating, exhausting. I'm still far too jet lagged to describe it in detail, so I'll probably put down my thoughts about the trip in the coming days and I work through my notes and pictures. For convenience, I'll just blog about the day exactly three weeks before.

So this being just after midnight Wednesday in the US, I'll describe what my Wednesday was like at Hamilton Island during ISBA 2008. The lunch was supposed to be a beach barbecue but the rain intervened. So instead I hit the hiking trails. The view wasn't too great, too much cloud and mist for that, but it felt good to get a little exertion after sitting and listening to talks for a few days.

My poster was Tuesday night, and it seemed to go over well with the crowd (you can view the poster here). It was never a dull moment--I was kept busy explaining the work all night long. Moreover, it looks like the session will lead to a new collaboration, and that's always a good thing.

No comments: