Friday, February 20, 2009

Dollhouse

Well, I just got done watching the second episode of Dollhouse. My faith is renewed!

I have to admit, despite being one of those rabid Joss Whedon fans who loved Firefly and watched Angel and Buffy religiously, I was a bit taken aback by the pilot to his new series Dollhouse. It was pedrestrian--telegraphing the plot and moves with all the subtlety of a brick through a window. It was competently done, but nothing special.

Tonight was completely different. This is a story to sink one's teeth into. And despite the previews for last week giving away the main plot, it was the subplots and background that gave it life and made it interesting. The unanswered questions and the intimations of catastrophe always keep things hopping. I'm looking forward to the next week of Dollhouse, a pleasant surprise!

No comments: