Saturday, April 18, 2009

End of classes

This Wednesday marked the end of graduate classes at Duke (well, plus Thursday for a snow day.) Naturally, I always view the end of classes with great optimism: now I'll finally catch up on everything I planned to do a month ago (like finishing my dispatches from Scotland before I forget entirely what I did.)

In fact, I have an even more ambitious goal that catching up on my blog: finish four papers by mid-summer, when I'll have to begin moving. Yep, that's right, for those who haven't heard I am now once again officially gainfully employed. This fall I'll be starting at Claremont-McKenna College, back in Claremont, CA.

I'm looking forward to being at CMC, but glancing around my apartment, I'm not so much looking forward to moving, a whole different prospect. I could pretend to myself that it's an opportunity to take stock of what things are actually important to me in my life, but of course its really just a pain to wade through piles of old clothes and junk. Still, it's hard not to enjoy the Spring weather in Durham with the gorgeous flowers everywhere. Ah, packing can wait!

No comments: