Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wheelin' and dealin'

Monday was the last day of the conference, and so I decided it was time to see Kyoto from above by visiting the Landmark Tower observatory. The Landmark is the tallest skyscraper in Japan and the 69th floor is devoted to a 360 degree view of the city. Also, I had a coupon for 300 Yen off! (Don't get too excited, 1 Yen is about 1 1/2 of a penny.)

Anyway, from here you got great views of Minato Mirai 21 district, which is where the conference was held. The building shaped like a giant sail is the hotel next to the conference center, and the blue lights are a plaza of trees also next to the conference center.

The Ferris wheel was my next stop--I barely made it in time since I never suspected that it closed at 8:00. It was big, taking a full 15 minutes to go around once.

Finally, I finished my stay in Yokohama with some sushi. Once again I was seated right next to the chef, and got to see him in action with only a glass divider between us. This time I also was a bit more traditional and had a bottle of sake to go along with it. Very good!

No comments: